Pharmacies generally are of 2 main types, hospital and community pharmacy.
Pharmacies are traditionally known as the place where prescription medicines are supplied by the
pharmacist on order from the doctor and where the patient can recieve advice from the pharmacist on the
quality use of medicines.
Services from pharmacies include
- packaging of medications into dose administration containers such as Webster packs
- supply of over the counter medication
- supply of complementary medicines
- provision of primary care and a point of referal to medical practioners
- provision of substitution pharmacotherapy for opioid dependance
- hire of equipment such as crutches
- provision of wound care products